2023 Fee and Service Schedule
For his current rates, please see below or download his Rate Sheet (right click to download). Please note that Mr. Morris is no longer a Roster Mediator.
|Half-day Mediation (2 parties*)||(3 hours)||$2,000.00|
|Full-day Mediation (2 parties*)||(10 am to 5 pm)||$4,000.00|
- Add $250.00* per additional party represented by separate counsel
- Additional time is billed at $450.00 per hour, or part thereof
- Fee divided equally between separate counsel representing each party/parties unless otherwise agreed
- HST, private room rentals and disbursements are extra
- Travel time charges are applicable to mediations held outside of the GTA and are billed at the rate of $150.00/hour in addition to the mediation rate
- Cancellation with at least 20 business days’ notice – no cancellation fee
- Cancellation within 20 business days of the mediation are subject to cancellation fees:
|Half-day bookings||$1,000.00 cancellation fee|
|Full-day bookings||$2,000.00 cancellation fee|
- Room charge cancellation fee, if any, in addition to above fees
Mr. Morris is currently only accepting electronic delivery of Statement of Issues and Mediation Briefs, either by PDF, download link or by fax. A separate hard copy is not required.
If you do need to deliver a hard copy of your material, our delivery hours are 9 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday. Please email Jeff to let him know about the delivery.
For Rule 24.1 Toronto Mandatory mediations, Statement of Issues are due 7 days prior to the mediation date and should be sent to both the mediator and opposing counsel.
If you wish to submit an additional and separate confidential brief or Statement of Issues to only the mediator, please advise in a cover letter or email and mark the document “CONFIDENTIAL – FOR MEDIATOR ONLY”
Currently, all mediations are conducted on Zoom.
When in-person mediations resume (possibly later in 2022), there are several options to consider for the location of the scheduled mediation.
If the parties do not require a neutral location, then if one of the lawyers involved in the mediation wishes to host the mediation, then that is a viable option. It is important to have a main room that can accommodate all the parties and counsel together, if a joint session is to be held. Also, a separate break-out room for each party is required in most instances, so that the mediator can meet privately with a party in a caucus session.
Court Reporter’s Office
We can assist with a booking at a convenient location:
- Downtown Toronto – Network Downtown, Neeson or Victory Verbatim
- North York – Network North, Professional Court Reports, Execuspace -$120 for a half day, but only one main and one breakout
- Mississauga – Network West
Jeff will stay engaged in the mediation process and after 3 hours (half-day), his overtime rate will apply by the hour, or part thereof.
If the mediation is booked in the morning, Jeff may not be able to stay past 1 pm if he has another half-day mediation booked for the afternoon.
If you must have the flexibility to stay past the 3 hour mediation half-day, it is recommended to reserve Jeff for the full day, or for an afternoon mediation (Jeff can usually stay late after 5 pm).